Re: It's all so confusing, so should I get a CD Distribution?

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Tristan Day <that's you!> wrote:

> 1) Would you recommend a distribution disk for a newbie?

Yes.

> 2) Are there different ones to get? <what are the differences?>

Quite a few: RedHat, SUSE, Debian, Slackware, ...

> 3) I know this is a Debian list, but do you recommend Debian for
> user-friendliness? What are its advantages/disadv. ? I read an article about
> Red Hat being good, but it's expensive (£50 = $85)

Since this is a debian list, debian of course!  It still is difficult
to install for a UNIX novice.

> 4) Can I dual-boot Windows NT and Debian?

Yes.  There is a HOWTO which describes the steps required.

There are comparisons of the different distributions available.
Search the WWW.

--
Jean Pierre