Re: Moonlight Creator and pthreads problem.

On Sun, Mar 15, 1998 at 12:30:33AM +0000, Wintermute wrote:
> These are the thread libraries I currently have in /lib:
>
> libpthread-0.7.so
> libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread.so.0.6
> libpthread.so.0.6
>
> I have not installed libpthreads in dselect so I assume that these
> libraries are a part of the libc6-dev stuff, else its laying around from
> the older libc5 installation I had.

I had this problem too; somehow libpthread.so.0.6 got left behind,
and the dynamic linker seems to like to use it. dpkg -S couldn't tell
me who owned it. I deleted it and haven't had a problem.

if "dpkg -S libpthread.so.0.6" tells you anything useful,
remove the package; if not, just delete the files. I'm not sure
how dpkg can let files get left behind but it did happen to me too.

Hamish