RE: OK I'm stupid. How do I get to my fl

All disk access in Unix is through the directory tree and all directories
are under
the root (/) directory.

If the NT partition is FAT you're in luck.  While logged in as root:

1) Create a mount point for the partition somewhere under the root
directory.

    mkdir /winnt

2) Mount the partition on the mount point

    mount -t msdos /dev/hda4 /winnt

3) All files and directories will then appear under the /winnt directory.
 For longfile
    name support mount as type (-t option) vfat instead of as msdos.
 Vfat support
    is provided through a module though and that requires a (very) little
bit more
    work, so try the above first.  If it works we can move on to vfat.

If the NT partition is NTFS you have quite a bit more work to do.  NTFS
read-only
support for Linux is available, but requires kernel patches and a kernel
rebuild.
Instead of doing this, I'd recommend creating a FAT partition (if you
have the free
space) that both NT and Linux can share.  It's not real convenient for
moving files
back and forth, but is the approach I'd recommend for a newbie.

For the floppy (assuming it is a FAT floppy) the mount command is
    mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy
(Create the /floppy directory first)

Good luck,
Tony