RE: OK I'm stupid. How do I get to my fl

G'day,

>If the NT partition is NTFS you have quite a bit more work to do.  NTFS
>read-only
>support for Linux is available, but requires kernel patches and a kernel
>rebuild.
>Instead of doing this, I'd recommend creating a FAT partition (if you
>have the free
>space) that both NT and Linux can share.  It's not real convenient for
>moving files
>back and forth, but is the approach I'd recommend for a newbie.

Actually, I believe that the NTFS driver is available in modules form. I
have tried it out a while ago (this was on RH4.2) and it seemed to work
pretty well (if you are root, i completely ignores all NTFS permissions,
which is pretty cool...)

Check out:

http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~loewis/ntfs/

Hope this helps,

Damon

========
Damon Muller (damon@lenore.empire.net.au)
Web Page:   www.sub.net.au/~tr      It's not a sense of humor. It's
ICQ UIN:    2920281                 a sense of irony disguised as one.
PGP Key ID: 0x232C09E1                   - Bruce Sterling