Re: [hamm] backspace not working in bash in xterm

Lee Bradshaw <bradshaw@sectionIV.com> on Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 01:26:19PM -0500:
> I also had problems with the xsuse matrox server.  I ended up switching
> to the new Xkbd method and removing stty erase "^H" from my .bashrc
> file.  I still have some problems with backspace when I telnet/rlogin?
> to other systems.

"the new Xkbd method?" As opposed to what? I'm currently working on
reconfiguring all the X keyboard stuffs, and am a bit confused about
xmodmap/xkbcomp/setxkbmap...it's...convoluted :)

--
Scott