Re: Mon

Roderick Schertler wrote:
> > 1) Is df.pm debianized?
>
> Nope, and it's my fault.  I posted my intent to package it to debian-devel,
> found that the module has a copyright which accidentally prohibits anybody
> from distributing it at all, then forgot to contact the author about the
> copyright!  I'll write him right now, I hope he gets back in time for me to
> get the package into hamm before the freeze.

I got it from CPAN myself, but it would be cool to have in Debian.

> > 2) Is tcp_scan part of a debian package yet?
>
> This is reputed to come with SATAN.  I don't think there's a package of

It's a horrible perl hack really tied to a working SATAN install. Maybe
someone could hack it to work stand-alone..

> SATAN or of just tcp_scan available.  I haven't looked into packaging it.
> The only monitors which require it are telnet.monitor and tcp.monitor,
> BTW.

Yup.. the 2 that I'm looking at.. :)

> Alternately, one can probably use netcat to do what tcp_scan does, at
> least for the simple uses mon puts it to.  I might find out what the
> those tcp_scan args to and supply nc-based variants.

'nc -t hostname 23', but you have to wait to have the login timeout.
tcp_scan is just looking for 'login:'.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
         "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"