Re: Formating a ftape tape?

Ftape-3.04d includes the ftformat command.  I have installed it from
source, but there is now a .deb package, at least in hamm.   The man page
indicates it will format QIC-80 tapes, but I haven't done that.

Bob

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Graham Lillico +44 1785 248131 wrote:

> >> Is there any way to format a Qic-80 tape on a ftape device?  I don't
> >> feel like rebooting to Win95 just to do this. I know I can use mt to
> >> 'erase' the tape but that just erases the header on the tape.
>
> As far as I am aware then you can not use Linux to format these tapes,  this
> may of course depend on what tape drive you are using, I used a dos based tape
> formatting program to do my tapes with, I think you can format them using
> dosemu but I'm not sure.
>
> But checkout the ftape howto that may answer you question better than I can.
>
> Graham

---
Bob Nielsen                     Internet: nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ                      AMPRnet: w6swe@01.w6swe.ampr.org