Remote Printer Refuses to print

I have set up a printer on a Debian Linux box and I have a tough time
getting it to accept jobs from other machines. lpr seems to work fine but
lpq shows that the job did not go through because  I have no line printer
access.

This is the etc/printcap on machine 1

raw2|com5p:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=machine.away:\
        :rp=lp3:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/dpl:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/dpl/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/dpl/acct:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

Now on machine machine.away I have added (in /etc/hosts.equiv) my machine
that I am trying to
print from

+machine.where.iam myname

I cannot see the format of /etc/hosts.lpd in any manual or documentation.
I assume its just the machine address.

Anyway anyone printing remotely? What am I missing?

lpq says:
com5: /usr/sbin/lpd: raw: Your host does not have line printer access

Please help,

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	    http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa    (w) 27+21+650 2816   (h) 27+21+705 1233