Re: broken hamm upgrade

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> write:
> Actually, the best way to install 2.0, AFAICT and IMHO, is to use the
> brand-new 2.0 install disks.  You can find them in the usual archives
> in the disks-i386 distribution.

     That is unquestionably the best way, if the disks work on your
machine, however they aren't yet stable.

     I was able to make a satisfactory (but not bug-free) installation
using the 3.5" disks from the 1988-02-20 set with my Micron Pentium
166 machine, but the 5.25" disks failed on my old 486-33 machine.
Quite a few people have reported failures to the testing list with
various configurations of the test machine.

     The last time I checked, debian/hamm/hamm/disks-i386/1998-02-20
was the current set, but I haven't checked Incoming.

--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>