Re: broken hamm upgrade

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> said:

>Actually, the best way to install 2.0, AFAICT and IMHO, is to use the
>brand-new 2.0 install disks.  You can find them in the usual archives
>in the disks-i386 distribution.

Would that be:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/hamm/hamm/disks-i386/current/

And the needed disks for most folks usually be:

  base14-1.bin                                       1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  base14-2.bin                                       1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  base14-3.bin                                       1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  base14-4.bin                                       1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  base14-5.bin                                       1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  base14-6.bin
  drv1440.bin                                        1440 Kb    Sat Feb 21
  resc1440.bin

If they have a running linux system and know how to dd the images onto
floppys.

not sure what this one is for:
  root.bin

So your saying if your goal is to have a hamm/2.0 system and you are
installing a fresh system, not an upgrade is to start straight out with
2.0.  There is no advantage to starting with your 1.3.1 CDROMs.  (Well at
least I got the book that came with them :-)).

	Henry Hollenberg     speed@barney.iamerica.net