Re: broken hamm upgrade

Don Erickson <derick@sky.net> writes:
> I've been having a heck of a time upgrading a 1.3.1 bo (originally 1.2)
> system to hamm using autoup.  Everything is installed up to libreadlineg2
> in the autoup script, then libreadlineg2's post install script bombs out
> and leaves the system in an essentially unusable state (nearly everything
> dumps core) until the package is removed.
>
> The screen output from the autoup.sh:
> ------------------------------------
> Unpacking replacement libreadlineg2 ...
> Setting up libreadlineg2 (2.1-7) ...
> dpkg: error processing libreadlineg2 (--install):
>  subprocess post-installation script killed by signal (Segmentation fault)

     The only thing the libreadlineg2 postinst does is ldconfig.  I
suggest you run ldconfig and see what error it complains about.  This
is most likely a dangling symlink.  Removing the dangling symlink
often cures the problem.  If the ldconfig error is eliminated, then
you can run atuoup.sh again.
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@metrolink.net>