Re: fetchmail qmail inter-operability

On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 06:11:08AM -0500, John Kloss has written:

> I'm no expert on this (I just started using linux), but I think you might
> want to say
>
> 	fetchmail ... -m "sendmail %s"
>
> where %s will be filled in with the user name executing the fetchmail

Thanks.

I've done the qmail equivalent, but it means I'm throwing away the qmail
benefits of an extended address. Normally qmail will detect things sent
to, say, rich-debian-users and put them in my debian-users mailbox.
Unfortunately fetchmail doesn't follow this and just substitutes the
plain user "rich" for the "%s", and all my stuff is pointed into one
mailbox.

So I use a script to sort it all out, which must be slower.
--
Richard A Leach rich@richux.demon.co.uk|Use free software.
Aim 5345'39"N; 06'12"W