Re: fetchmail qmail inter-operability

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, Richard A Leach wrote:

> I've looked at fetchmail, but it seems to require smtp to be working so
> it can submit the mail it has downloaded through port 25 and the normal
> smtp demon (qmail-smtpd in my case). Experiments with smtp disabled and
>
> 	fetchmail ... -m "sendmail"   # dan's clone
>
> caused mail to be received but not delivered.

I'm no expert on this (I just started using linux), but I think you might
want to say

	fetchmail ... -m "sendmail %s"

where %s will be filled in with the user name executing the fetchmail
program. This is what I have in my .fetchmailrc

poll theseus with proto pop3 port 5555 timeout 45:
	user jkloss
	pass password
	mda  "/usr/sbin/sendmail %s"
	fetchall
	preconnect "ssh -f -L 5555:my.school.edu:110 my.school.edu 'sleep
60' > /dev/null"

so the line mda "/usr/sbin/sendmail %s" does what you want I think.

hope this is relevant

	- John Kloss