Re: new GPL freeware

   I wrote a X-client freeware program and I don't know how to distribute
   it.  Grab it at the forever unknown: http://www.villagrove.com/~lance/

There are several things you can do:

	* Announce it on comp.os.linux.announce.

	* Upload it to sunsite.unc.edu.

	* Become a Debian maintainer, and package it as part of the
Debian distribution.

	* Convince an existing Debian maintainer to package it.  I
would do this myself, but I never package programs that I don't
personally use, because then I might neglect them.

These are just a few of your options, but they ought to give you a
head start.