fetchmail doesn't work for me either

I upgraded fetchmail, smail, and some other packages at once, and immediately
begin having trouble with fetchmail.  The problem is exactly as discussed by
A. D. Y. Chang.   I'm at a loss, with all the discussion of smail on this list.
Fetchpop works ok, and with fetchpop -ar, I get a running list of the messages
being scarfed off the server, which is nice.

Still, I too would like to find out what's wrong w/ fetchmail.

Alan Davis
adavis@netpci.com