Re: i made a mess with dselect

>  Someone else has advised you that a 1.3.1r6 CDs are available at
> farily cheap prices.  Another approach is to reinstall from the 1.3
> CD, then use dselect/dpkg-ftp to upgrade.  That would greatly reduce
> the amount of data to be downloaded by ftp, which would be beneficial
> if on-line time is a concern.  With a 28.8 connection a complete
> install by ftp might run 12-26 hours or longer, depending on how many
> packages you install, but upgrading from 1.3 to 1.3.1r6 would take
> less than 20% of that.

i'm only using pine,lynx,ircII and the base utils,i dont use X for now,my
machine is only used in reading document and doing research about
car/engine modification and some other topic,and my modem (33.6) can do 12
megabytes/hour when the wind's right and my ISP unplug the time counter
between midnight and 8 o'clock (am),so does this will take a long time to
do the ftp install ???

2-: for the CD,is there anyone here who can say how long the delivery take
when sending some to Canada (Quebec especially),it may sound a dumb
question but usually,all the thing i see at the TV and mag. say that i
need to allocate 4 to 6 week for the delivery ??