RE: Help!! --/dev/ttyS0 input overflow error --

> Hi everyone,
> 	I wote some code to manage a data aquisition device in the labs.
> It runs for a while (say 24 hrs, gathering data every 6 secs [x 50 data
> points]) then it crashes, crashes bad (segmentation fault) /dev/ttyS0
> input overflow ... does anyone know what is causing this??

I began to get these on one of my systems, I disabled the com port in the
bios and added a serial card... works fine now. The office building is
very supceptable to close lightning strikes, and I presume emf is inducing
current into the serial/mouse lines, frying it :(

--
Walter L. Preuninger II                        waldo @ irc.wasteland.org:#unix
  walterp@texramp.net                                   waldo@aidan.net

                  L  I  N  U  X  Where You Really Should Be!