Re: Server Questions (fwd)

Nathan Norman writes:
> The thing is, I doubt we'd ever place a support call.

They all say that :)

> However ... my boss wants to have "someone we can call for support when
> it doesn't work".  This person, persons, or company would preferably have
> some sort of documentation as to who they are and why we ought to pay
> them when we call them.

I'm familiar with the phenomena.  I'd happy to take your money, but I
suspect that your boss wants to see a glossy brochure that says Debian
Support, Inc. on the cover and lists dozens of Fortune 500 customers.

It does seem like there is a business opportunity here.  A network of
consultants around the world could handle the phone calls and emails while
somebody with marketing skills fronted for them.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)