Re: Sendmail...

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.95.980225235632.6657A-100000@pirenne.ormond.unimelb.edu.au>,
Chris <caleishm@ormond.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

>Hi, I was wondering if any sendmail guru's can help with this one....
>

>I have a gateway machine where all the incoming mail to the network
>arrives.  This machine has some local users (so their mail should stay on
>the gateway), but also must forward any other mail on to another internal
>server for distribution (note that the gateway doesn't know whether a
>particular address is for a valid user on the internal mail server, it
>should just forward on any mail that it can't match itself).

In /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

define(`LUSER_RELAY', `internalhost.company.com')

Then re-run "sendmailconfig". That will relay mail for all users not on
the local machine to an internal gateway.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg |  The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac lay in his bed
    miquels@cistron.nl  |  awake all night wondering if there is a doG