Re: X Windows 16-bit

Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Two things... first, are use sure that you have to recompile?  I thought
> that this was just a change to the fvwm2 config files.

This change was made upstream between 2.0.45 and 2.0.46. And it is not a
config option,so yes, you have to recompile the fvwm2 package. No big
thing. Just get the debian sources, apply the patch and do "debian/rules
binary".

 You can drag windows between screens if you enable the option, which will
flip screens if you move the mouse to the screenborder. But I like the
old way better.

If you want the behaviour that the screen automaticly flips if you move a
window halfway out of the current screen and that it shouldn't flip when
you just move the mouse to the border of the screen, then you have to
recompile.

> Second, is that I can move windows between virtual screens by dragging
> the window so that it overlaps both and then switch to the destination
> and finish 'pulling' the window to where I want it to be.  I did not
> change the default fvwm2 configuration and certainly did not recompile.

This is possible, but annoying. This behaviour was always possible
IIRC. You can also use the pager to move windows between screens by
dragging them with the second mousebutton..

Ciao,
	Martin