Re: two keyboards, two monitors, two users, one processor?

Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab@ipebio15.ipe.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> However using the null modem cable one must be very carefull about power
> supply! Sometimes it is possible to destroy serial ports, when two
> computers are connected to the sockets powered from different phases.
> I've done it :-(.

You're probably lucky it was just the serial ports.  :-/

One of my company's new shops had trouble with getting the Ethernet
going properly and continuously.  It was eventually discovered that
one PC was on the same circuit as an air conditioner, and switching
them to the same socket completely fixed the problem.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."