Re: running windows on a linux machine

Florian Frank hat gesagt: // Florian Frank wrote:

> I need Windows, because some programs are only written for Windows and I
> can't use an emulator for Windows. I have heard, that it is possible to run
> Microsoft Windows 95, for example, in a samba server on a linux machine,

This is impossible I think. You can connect a Win95-machine to a linux box that
is running samba, but cannot do both on the same computer at the same time.

> but I can't imagine, how this should be. If anybody have such a
> configuration or knows anything about this, he / she could write me...

If you need Windows you can of course install both Win95 and Linux on the same
computer and decided at boot time which OS to work with. I do it, bees do it...

I would recommend "loadlin" if you do a lot of Win95 work because you can even
boot linux from the DOS-prompt that way.

--
  Frank Barknecht		Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin