running windows on a linux machine

I need Windows, because some programs are only written for Windows and I
can't use an emulator for Windows. I have heard, that it is possible to run
Microsoft Windows 95, for example, in a samba server on a linux machine,
but I can't imagine, how this should be. If anybody have such a
configuration or knows anything about this, he / she could write me...

Thanks in advance...

Florian Frank