Re: Pentium compiler

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

> I don't know.  I seem to remember seeing a request for an egcs package
> on the WNPP list, but I could be wrong.

In the unstable distribution (Debian pre-2.0, a.k.a. "hamm"), egcs is
already available as gcc!  :-)

$ dpkg -l gcc
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  gcc             2.90.23-1      The GNU (egcs) C compiler.

Note that there is a slight incompatibility problem with the libstdc++-dev
library stuff that would be fixed in the next release (egcs 1.0.2?).

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca