Re: Setting X default color depth

Hello friends,
==============

> put something like this in /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers
>
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt7 -bpp 16

This is a very common procedure, however, I think it is better to edit
XF86Config file and isert this line:

DefaultColorDepth 16

right above the first 'Subsection' definition in the Accel section. For
example, here is an excerpt from mine XF86Config:

----------Here begins---------------
# The accelerated servers (S3, Mach32, Mach8, 8514, P9000, AGX, W32,
Mach64)

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Device      "Diamond"
    Monitor     "PHILIPS"
    DefaultColorDepth 16
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8
--------And here it continues...------

If I'm not right, let me know, but I am using it so and I am satisfied
with it.

Everything the best,
Peter
--