Re: PS/2 Mouse Port

     The kernel must be compiled with PS/2 support (or the appropriate
module loaded).  The /etc/gpm.conf file should look something like:

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
type=ps2
append="-R" # this line is needed to use a PS/2 mouse in X

     Your XF86Config file should contain a section like this:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "MouseSystems"
   Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
   Emulate3Buttons
   Emulate3Timeout    50

(This is only needed for PS/2 mice when gpm is run in both X and the console.)

Bob

On 20 Feb 1998, hermit@BayView.COM (William R. Ward) wrote:
> I'd appreciate any suggestions for 1) testing to see if my PS/2 port
> even works, 2) configuring Linux to find my PS/2 port, and/or 3)
> getting it to work with X.
 LocalWords:  BayView COM LocalWords