Cloning a Debian hard drive

   I have a 2.5 gig IDE hard drive all set up and happily running Bo.
I'd like to "clone" this drive onto another to move the new drive into a
different computer and save reinstalling/configuring Debian.

   I've toyed with the idea of using cp, and also of using tar.
However, could someone point me in the direction (details would be nice
too:-) of the *best* technique to do this?  Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,                 | DEFINITION OF Windows 95: n. 32 bit
extensions

begin:          vcard
fn:             Randy Edwards
n:              Edwards;Randy
org:            Golgotha Systems
adr:            P.O. Box 463;;;Colebrook;New Hampshire;03576;USA
email;internet: redwards@together.net
title:
tel;work:       603-237-9821
tel;fax:        603-237-9822