Re: any debianized CAD programs?

kotsya@u.washington.edu (David Stern) writes:

> Are there any debianized CAD programs?  I'm running hamm, and I don't
> see any.
>
> I've looked at Linux Woven Goods, but found one commercial, one
> pre-alpha, and one who's website I couldn't connect to.
> --

You may want to look at SAL, Scientific Applications on Linux,

http://www.idite-minho.pt/SAL/

or

http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/

or (look in the above urls for others mirrors)

---
CAD, Drawing & Painting Tools   ( Commercial,  Shareware,  GPL)

       angela!  -- a mouse-driven editor to help you creating graphs.
   AOCP -- enhanced version of Deluxe Paint IIe v3.0.
   bomb  -- an interactive graphics program.
   CEDRAT's Software  -- a complete line of CAD programs for electromechanical and thermal engineering.
   CorelDraw  -- graphics program featuring type control, drawing power and special effects.
   Dive -- a internet-based multi-user virtual reality system.
   draw-call-graph  -- transforms a call graph in text form into postscript or LaTeX source file.
   Drawing editors based on ivtools -- extensions to InterViews and its drawing editor (idraw).
   EMA-XPS  -- a hybrid graphic expert system shell.
   EnvDraw -- an environment diagramming package.
   ffGraph  -- a C++ class library to create, manipulate and display 2 or 3 dimensional directed graphs.
   Gfig -- a "vector like" drawing plug-in for the gimp.
   GIGVIZ  -- 3D design visualization software for designers, engineers, architects and CAD users.
   GIMP -- a Ph*t*Shop-alike photo-editing, painting, and image manipulation package.
   Ginger (under development) -- an interactive graph editor.
       Graph Applet -- a basic tool for playing around with graphs.
   GraphEd -- graph editor with support for graph grammars.
   Graphlet -- a toolkit for implementing graph editors and graph drawing algorithms.
   graphviz -- tools for viewing and interacting with graph diagrams.
   GYVE  -- a project to develop a drawing program in the spirit of Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
   Hydra -- distributed multi-user computer aided physics and engineering package.
   Interactive Graph Drawing -- a Java-based system for doing interactive graph drawing on the WWW.
   IPAD  -- an interactive GUI vector drawing package based on a multiplatform tool.
   Ipe -- a drawing editor for creating figures for LaTeX documents.
   ICAADS CAD Systems  -- a set of high-end software for CAD and AEC applications.
   LDS Draw -- a Logical Data Structure (LDS) editor.
   MicroStation 95  -- professional software for enterprise-scale engineering projects.
   The NELSIS CAD Framework -- enables tool integrators to build design engineering environments.
   OpenDesigner  -- a project to develop a fully extendable CAD application.
   PadDraw -- a zoomable drawing application written using the Pad++ widget.
   Picasso -- an interactive drawing tool based on Tcl/Tk.
   PO  -- Linux svgalib painting program.
   SISCAD-P  -- 2D CAD system for engineers.
   TCM -- a suite of graphical editors.
   Tgif -- interactive 2D drawing facility.
   tkdraw -- a very simple drawing tool.
   VCG TOOL -- reads a textual specification of a graph and visualizes the graph.
   VGJ  -- a tool for graph drawing and graph layout written in Java.
   VRMLplot.m -- a MATLAB macro for generating 3D VRML graphs and animations.
   Unidraw -- a C++ class library for 2D structured graphics, dataflow, etc.
   Xfig -- a tool that allows user to manipulate objects interactively.
   XPaint -- simple color image editing tool.
   YADE  -- an extensible and configurable program for editing different kinds of diagrams.

   Also Check Out:
   daVinci -- an interactive graph visualiztion system.
   VARKON -- open general purpose interactive modeling system.
   Varimetrix VX  -- engineering and manufacturing CAD/CAM/CAE tools.

---

--
	At\'e breve

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida