Re: any debianized CAD programs?

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 13:06:33 EST, Michael Stutz wrote:

> Are there any *linux* CAD programs? (That are open source and not
> proprietary. Haven't found much in this area...)

If you mean today, and fully featured, then I don't think so, no.

However, there may be some alternatives, depending on your needs, if
you need something today -- use the SAL website and look around.

  http://SAL.KachinaTech.COM/E/2/

One item of interest may be a MicroStation academic version which is
alleged to be affordable and well-featured, although I have no first
hand knowledge, and does not meet your criteria for being gpl.

  http://www.bentley.com/products/microstation95/

There's also a minimalist 2d (gpl) named FreeDraft.

  http://pw2.netcom.com/~iamcliff/FREEdraft.html

For the future, Open Designer, as far as I can tell, will meet all of
your criteria; however it is in the early development stages.  It has a
mailing list (archives are still reasonably small), faq, ..

  http://www.fpa-engineers.com/OD/

--
D a v i d   S t e r n