[comp.os.linux.hardware] Oracle on Linux

Hi,

	I thought people here might find this interesting.

	manoj
--
 An executive will always return to work from lunch early if no one
 takes him.

The contact person that requests for Linux ports should be directed to
is Nancy Liu, nliu@us.oracle.com.

Please keep your requests professional in nature and try to
demonstrate business uses or needs for Oracle, as this is, according
to the people at Oracle, what will cause action the most quickly.

According to a person inside Oracle, off the record, the main reason
that Oracle hasn't been delivered for Linux is because of the usual
free OS snobbery and the misguided concept that Linux is still just a
hack.

I've also heard a rumor that Oracle has internally been ported to
Linux, but that management refuses to allow it to be released.  Again,
this is only a rumor, it could be completely false.

The idea that Oracle can run under a dead OS like SCO demonstrates
that Oracle could very likely be run successfully under Linux.

Rally support!  It'll never happen without it!

--Chris

--- End Message ---