Re: On the fly compression with ext2

Adam Klein <aklein@eskimo.com> writes:

> > There is a Debian package called e2compr including a kernel patch and
> > an update chattr.
>
> But for some reason, the patch isn't included.

I just recheck it and you are true.  The patch is part of the source
package and I thought it would be part of the binary package too.

I have the following URL about e2compr:

        http://netspace.net.au/~reiter/e2compr.html

I didn't visited this address since May, 23 1997 and don't know if it
is still valid.

BTW: Did someone tried the current version of e2compr.  I tried 0.3.1
     long ago and sometimes got strange message from the kernel driver
     (fortunately without any error/crashing).  But for the sake of a
     stable system I removed it because of these messages.

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie