Re: On the fly compression with ext2

Ulisses Alonso Camaro <ulisses@pusa.eleinf.uv.es> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to know when there will be ext2 on the fly file
> compression, supported in the kernel, ext2 has already support but
> kernel seems to not support it yet, nor the 2.1.8x kernels...
>
> Does this will be introduced prior 2.2 version?

There is a Debian package called e2compr including a kernel patch and
an update chattr.

Package: e2compr
Essential: yes
Installed-Size: 337
Maintainer: Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.06-2
Replaces: e2fsprogs
Provides: e2fsprogs (= 1.06-2)
Pre-Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0)
Conflicts: e2fsprogs
Size: 259884
 This is a modification of the regular e2fsprogs package adding tools
 for kernel level compression. Also contains the patch for the kernel.

        Torsten

--
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
                                            Fortune Cookie