Re: StarOffice and Debian (2)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Pedro Quaresma de Almeida wrote:

> >On 11 Feb 1998, Pedro Quaresma de Almeida wrote:
> >
> >> 	Dou you know how to update the menus in fvwm2 in order to
> >> incorporate Star Office 4?
> >
> >If you're using the menu package (see /usr/doc/menu), simply add an
> >entry for staroffice in /etc/menu.  If you don't have a Debian
> >package, you may need to masquerade under another package name.
>
> I have puted in
>
>  /usr/lib/menu/default/staroffice4
>
> the following
>
>  ?package(staroffice4):needs="x11" section="Apps/Shells" icon="none"
> title="Star Office 4" command="/usr/bin/soffice"
>
> and then I have done
>
>  update-menus
>
> But that does not worked.
>
> What is the problem? The fact that I say "?package(staroffice4)" when
> there is not any package staroffice4 instaled (i did the instalation
> form the tar file)?

This is the problem.  update-menus checks to see if there is indeed a
package staroffice4 installed on your system.  If not, it will not
include an entry.

There are a couple of solution.

  * I believe that there is a Debian package that will install a fake
    package.

  * Use ?package(some_other_package_that_is_installed).  This will
    work and shouldn't cause problems with the other package.

  * Add an entry directly into /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook

--
Jean Pierre