Re: StarOffice and Debian (2)

>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:49:38 -0500 (EST)
>From: Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>
>Cc: Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
>On 11 Feb 1998, Pedro Quaresma de Almeida wrote:
>
>> 	Dou you know how to update the menus in fvwm2 in order to
>> incorporate Star Office 4?
>
>If you're using the menu package (see /usr/doc/menu), simply add an
>entry for staroffice in /etc/menu.  If you don't have a Debian
>package, you may need to masquerade under another package name.
>
>--
>Jean Pierre

I have puted in

 /usr/lib/menu/default/staroffice4

the following

 ?package(staroffice4):needs="x11" section="Apps/Shells" icon="none"
title="Star Office 4" command="/usr/bin/soffice"

and then I have done

 update-menus

But that does not worked.

What is the problem? The fact that I say "?package(staroffice4)" when
there is not any package staroffice4 instaled (i did the instalation
form the tar file)?

In file:/usr/doc/menu/html/ch2.html they speak about

--
You should add a line like this to your postinst and postrm script:

  if test -x /usr/bin/update-menus; then update-menus; fi
--

where can I find the postinst and postrm scripts?

	At\'e breve

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida
Departamento de Matem\'atica
Faculdade de Ci\^encias e Tecnologia