Re: nmh configuration

David Stern <kotsya@u.washington.edu> writes:

> I've got a hamm system running with smail(3.2.0.100-4), exmh(2.0-1),

> <= 450 defer '<kotsya@localhost.localdomain>', sender address target
> 'localhost.localdomain' cannot be verified at this time:
> verify_sender(): BIND server failure: : Connection refused. (Try again
> later)

smail 3.2.100 has introduced some anti-spam measures. One of these is
checking the sender. Unfortunatly this will cause trouble on a typical
dialup box.

Downgrade smail to the one in bo until there is a new smail which handles
this case reasonable.

I think you could also install your own DNS server who will resolve your
"localhost.localdomain".

Ciao,
	Martin