Re: UPS again

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Ralph Winslow wrote:

> William R. Ward wrote:
> > In article <[🔎] Pine.SUN.3.91.980206161946.24707H-100000@lookdown>, " Raymond A. Ingles" <inglesra@frc.com> writes:
> > >  The UPS-HOWTO has a lot of info about using a UPS under Linux. I'd check
> > > there before returning it. I know that genpowerd is pretty flexible and
> > > can be configured to support almost any UPS.
> >
> > The UPS-HOWTO does not mention my brand.  I even did a web search and
> > found nothing, Linux or otherwise, about my UPS.
>
> You might try doing this the hard way - [build your own cable, etc.]
> HTH, lots of Luck, e-mail if you get stuck.

 I'm afraid that Ralph is right. If no one has done the work before,
you'll have to make it work yourself. Vigorous questioning of the
manufacturer may help...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Suffering is good for the soul, but it is usually best to wait until
  the body has no choice in the matter."  -  Stephen Donaldson