Re: UPS again

On 5 Feb 1998, William R Ward wrote:

> Like a dummy, I bought a UPS without bothering to check if genpowerd
> supports it (I don't think it does).  But before taking it back (I
> believe I have a week to do so and it's real stormy now, so I'm glad
> to have it anyway), I wanted to ask if anyone knew if I could do
> anything with it.
>
> I bought a MinuteMan 280 Pro UPS.  It looks like it has "smart"
> features but does not come with a cable or software.  It is made by
> Para Systems.  Is there any Linux software that'll talk to this beast?

 The UPS-HOWTO has a lot of info about using a UPS under Linux. I'd check
there before returning it. I know that genpowerd is pretty flexible and
can be configured to support almost any UPS.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248)377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com
                       Free Stereogram!
    Try to make the two "O"s in the next row look like three:
                              O    O
n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n   n
f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f    f
e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e   e
a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a    a
a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a   a
r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r    r
r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r   r