Re: teTeX and \noindent

Tony <uctpjac@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> The teTeX version I have (re)installed is 0.4.

The latest versions just out of hamm that I have are:
% dpkg -l 'tetex*'
ii  tetex-base      0.4pl8-7       teTeX library files
ii  tetex-bin       0.4pl8-4       teTeX binary files
ii  tetex-dev       0.4pl8-4       kpathsea.a and include files for teTeX
ii  tetex-doc       0.4pl8-3       teTeX documentation
ii  tetex-extra     0.4pl8-3       teTeX library files

> LaTeX says "This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1)".

The version of TeX isn't the problem in this case.  (Wasn't a bug
found in TeX a couple of years ago?)

What are your versions of LaTeX2e and article.cls?  Mine are
"<1996/12/01> patch level 1" and "1996/10/31 v1.3u".

> This bug was solved almost a year ago.
> (Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.ruu.nl>)
>
> The bug is that \noindent does not work inside a quote. This is particularly
> annoying for quotes that open a chapter...

Can you mail me some code that demonstrates the problem, and tell me
what to look for, so I can check the latest Debian version?

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."