Re: Automating PPP with cron?

On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 11:43:15PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
> Pardon me for being on a soap box.  I work for an ISP.  It costs us $30
> for one phone line, not counting our T or anything else.  Our customers
> pay anywhere between 10 and 18 dollars a month.  Every one of them that
> hogs a line makes us lose money, gives everyone busy signals, and eats
> our T's.  If you need dedicated access -- pay for it.  You are only
> stealing from the very people you pay for service.  And when you get a
> busy signal, remember why.

Pardon me but it is not nice of you to describe your customers in this way.
Your policies should give you a way to deal with the problem; if you want
to have unlimited access (which I gather is the trend in the USA; we have
quite a high amount of time-charging here in Oz), you should have advertised
time limits per day or per call and you should enforce them. You should not
get on your soapbox on a mailing list about it.

Hamish