[no subject]

Hello,

I had a problem with the teTeX I had installed (or so I was told ...), and so
de-installed it and re-installed a version from a different site.

This did not work, so I tried again paying more attention. At de-installation,
dselect told me "Can't delete /x/y/z, not empty". there were some links I had
put into these directories, so I deleted the directories.

Ever since, _no_ teTeX package will install (essential files, like the
texmf.cnf and *.fmt files) are simply no longer on the system. Does this mean
that the texmf directories are populated and created by another package? Does
anyone know how I might try to put teTeX back together again?

Thank you

Tony