Re: kernel v2.0.32 make

Jeremy Tregunna wrote:

> Okay, I may about to be giving a really stupid answer, but you'd be
> surprised at how many people make mistakes like this each day and get
> "stumped" over them... Now then, did you check to see that "ls" points to
> /bin/ls (I mean, you might have made an alias like /bin/ls -y or
> something)... That could be giving you the error... just check to make
> sure that 'ls' inst' aliased, or if it is, it's set to /bin/ls with no
> options.

Good thought - but whence ls shows /bin/ls,  but type ls says that ls is
a tracked alias for /bin/ls - I'm not sure what tracked alias means,
but I thought that if whence ls returns /bin/ls, then /bin/ls is what's
run in response to a bare ls command.  In any case, I changed the sole
ls call in the Makefile to be "/bin/ls *.o > ./allmods \"  and get
the same result.  Thanks for the response, though.

> On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Ralph Winslow wrote:
>
> > I've recently had to replace my hard disk and re-load bo.  I'm
> > working once again, but when I tried to build a new kernel I got
> > the message attached.  I ignored that, but lately reloaded source
> > for 2.0.32 from the Cheapbytes disks and re-tried with the same
> > results so I guess it's time to solicit your aid.  I find only
> > one reference to ls in the makefile and it uses niether switches
> > nor variable args.  I'm stumped!  TIA for any help forthcoming.
> >
> > Ralph
> >
> > --
> > Ralph Winslow               rjw@nac.net
> > Mary bought a pair of skates