kernel v2.0.32 make

I've recently had to replace my hard disk and re-load bo.  I'm
working once again, but when I tried to build a new kernel I got
the message attached.  I ignored that, but lately reloaded source
for 2.0.32 from the Cheapbytes disks and re-tried with the same
results so I guess it's time to solicit your aid.  I find only
one reference to ls in the makefile and it uses niether switches
nor variable args.  I'm stumped!  TIA for any help forthcoming.

Ralph

Ralph Winslow		      rjw@nac.net
Mary bought a pair of skates
upon the ice to frisk
now wasn't that a crazy way
her sweet young *?
gcc -I/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.32/include -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/mkdep scripts/mkdep.c
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.32
/bin/ls: invalid option -- y
Try `/bin/ls --help' for more information.