Re: mac & linux

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 10:44:00AM -0800, sawitt@mail.hac.com wrote:
> Search on MkLinux to get current info on it, but I'm almost positive that
> the only CPUs being supported are PowerPCs.

Yes, but this applies to MkLinux only. Old macs are m68k-based, and there is
a Debian port to m68k in progress which (as far as I can tell as an
outsider) is quite far along. A general Linux/m68k FAQ can be found at
There is a mailing list for the Debian m68k port:

LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch
it'll be someone else's bones which go crack and not their own.

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .