Re: Problems with dual boot NT/linux

> First I thought that it was just because Debian has somehow installed
> something on the master boot record, so I booted dos with dos system
> floppy and I did "fdisk /MBR" in order to clear the MBR and I verified
> that my dos partion was OK; but I didn't work out. I also tried to
> remove the second hard-drive (/dev/sdb) but it still tells me :
> "Missing operationg system"

Yes, I encouneterd something similar also. The reason I was unable to boot
NT was simple - somehow the bootable flag for /dev/sda1 partition was
erased. And the worse thing that after restoring it with linux fdisk,
I got another message: "invalid partition table". The fix was to make NT
(or DOS) to run it's own fdisk to resrtre the flag correctly.
fdisk /mbr does nothing, 'cause MBR is OK! try just starting fdisk
in dos and exit without chnaging anything.

Alex Y.

--
   _
 _( )_