faxing using linux?

I am new to linux and learning a lot very fast. I am doing good
learning on my own and reading many linux and unix books. But , my
wife needs to fax something and I don't have any clue on how to go
about it. I think I am supposed to use mgetty but I don't understand
it. I read the man pages and it said something about mgetty.info, but
I couldn't find that file. Could someone step me through it and please
keep in mind I am new.  It is very easy to talk over my head.

thanks