gv doesn't work

Um, gv doesn't work on my hamm system.
It seemed to install okay, but when you execute it, you get an error
message:

gv: no message for missing resources

or something like that anyway.

The only thing I could think of is that this is something to do with the
new wiget sets (which, by the way, I'm not overly enthusiastic about.
Some of the 3d buttons look good, but others really suck. Especially the
scrollbars. Any way to get the old Athena scrollbars back?). I did install
xaw-wrappers.

Andrew