lp command for Linux

I just installed Linux distributed by Debian which was packaged on the
bootDisc CD-ROM. I tried to use the lp command and got the error message
command not found. I am an inexperienced UNIX user. I don't recall doing
anything during the install process to configure the printer. Could I have
skipped over it and that is why there is no "lp" command? If this is the
case, do I have to do a complete re-install including the default packages?

Please help!

Thanks in advance
Bob