Re: aalib-dev: I cannot compile the examples

On Thu, Jan 29, 1998 at 11:05:36AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Recently I installed the new aalib and aalib-dev packages. Now I have
> problems in compiling source code that uses this library.
>
> For example:
> aalib-dev comes with some examples. If i try one of them I get:
>
> examples$ gcc info.c
> /tmp/cca019321.o: In function `main':
> /tmp/cca019321.o(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `aa_parseoptions'

You're not specifying any libraries against which to link, so the only
library used is the C library. You should specify that you want to link
against the aa library, so probably you need "gcc info.c -laa".

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks