Re: PCI NIC support for 89C940?

I have a PCI ethernet with a Winbond chip as well (not sure if it's that
exact one and I'm not home).  I tried every driver that comes with the
kernel source, and looked on KTI's web page, and found nothing (except an
SCO driver).  I could never get in tough with an engineer by phone.
Finally I bought a card I knew was a PCI NE2000 card (it even had a linux
driver, but it was against 1.2.13!) made by Ovislink, selected the NE2000
option (under 'Other ISA Cards' section, but I understand in 2.0.34 this
wierdness will be fixed and NE2000 cards will show up in PCI card
section).  You might want to do the same.  On the other hand, if you
figure out how to make it work, please let me know.