Re: Off-line newsreader

I've got one more suggestion.

I did briefly try a program called  "news peruser"  an X based offline
news fetcher/reader.  It looked pretty good at the time but that was prior
to my current install and I haven't installed it again.  I grabbed it in
.rpm format and used alien to install it.

http://www.wwdc.com/~jbailie/peruser.html

This link will give you some information on it complete with screen shots.